(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone

From: Victor Pikula <victor_at_pikula.com>
Date: 05/23/01
Paul Lester asked if J-Phone has been catching up to DoCoMo in terms of
users
http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2001-05/0164.html

Strutting my stat-stuff:

J-Phone is not catching up with DoCoMo, but it is with au.

In accordance with the growing size of the Japanese keitai market, all PDC
carriers have seen an increase of their number of subscribers. PHS is on a
moderate decline.

In terms of market share, however, we see the following yearly snapshots:

                   Apr. 1999 Apr. 2000 Apr. 2001
NTT DoCoMo     50.5%    51.8%      53.9%
au                    18,1%**   17.6%     16.6%
J-PHONE          13.3%     14.5%     15.0%

** combined figure of IDO and Cellular (merged into au)

J-Phone is gaining on au, but not on DoCoMo.

If anyone is interested in the full stats/charts, tell me.

Cheers,
Victor