(keitai-l) Re: J-Phone Java MIDlets

From: Henry Minsky <hqm_at_ai.mit.edu>
Date: 05/31/01
I've got a port of my Picobrowser that runs on MIDP (I've been running
it with the Sun emulator). It fits into 50 kbytes. Is there any way to test
this
on the J-Phone right now? If you can't download the apps from
your own web site, how do you get them into your phone for testing
during development?

Also, can you say anything more about the more open Java API? Can you access
other HTTP sites besides the one you downloaded from? Can you access
any of the i/o on the phone, such as a serial port or infra-red port?

Inquiring minds want to know ...