(keitai-l) Re: Dial thru iAppli

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 06/06/01
Hmmm.  Seems kind of silly.

Now an applet that dials a number is good.
But if you want to dial a number, a phone itself
is ideal.  If you run i^appli, it must be on a phone!!

I think you are on the wrong track.  But if you
want to access something from an i-appli, I
know it has networking capabilities.

Just run your phone dialing remotely on a server
and have your i-appli pick it up.  The server should do
all the hard work and deliver a small package of goodies
to the i-appli.  Like the text of the person talking on the
phone on the other side.  You could then type words
into your i-appli and have the server change the words into
speech.  (Another silly application)

    With the numerous overlapping technologies today there's
always some way to make it happen.

ManishPrabhune wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I wish to know if anyone came across something like the one in my subject
> line
>
> I want to dial a number through my iAppli
> Am I on the wrong track or something
>
> Manish

-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu
http://members.tripod.com/~pbl1/

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"