(keitai-l) Uh....let's try that question again: "Any interest in JavaHz mailing list translations?"

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 06/10/01
Forget "The Power of the Atom" - let's harness *this* chain-reaction.

I ask if people want to read JavaHz in English, Gerhard plugs his
Eurotechnology on a tangent about a FAQ, Chas flames back
(no doubt with the sympathy of many) about shameless self-
promotion on the list, Andrea suggests that Gerhard broaden the
Eurotechnology brochure-ware to include plugging Juergen's stuff,
Juergen amplifies Andrea's plug of Juergen's employer, unwittingly
supplying flame-bait with his use of the word "FREE"...and Nick
goes after Juergen with hair-splitting distinctions about what "free"
means in intellectual community-property terms.  (And then *I*
almost flamed back at *him*!)

OK: topic drift, flaming, dissing Gerhard, open-source license
terminology wanking....mea culpa.  Of the sinners, I'm the worst.

So can we all stop now?  Do we have to form a 12-step group
or something?  No?  I thought not; just wanted to be sure.

Now: please consider the original post's questions about distributing
translations of the GigaHz list: "Are you interested?" and "What are
the likely cultural-sensitivity issues here?"

If you have something to contribute on this, respond PRIVATELY to

    Michael Turner
    leap@gol.com