(keitai-l) Re: FYI: NTT DoCoMo Warns Users Of Prank E-Mail On Cell Phones

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/14/01
>> I thought that newer handsets would always display the number given
>> in a tel link and prompt for confirmation before actually dialling.
>> Is this not correct?
> Correct. That's most likely what the press release meant (or at least
> part of it.)

Correct, but some users still using older phones, some are
pretty much confused if they get an email from somebody
stating that they have to click there for confirmation
of whatever and they just follow this advice, especially
if it looks important or official.

Since I just finished an i-mode usability test with an
unprepared Japanese beta tester, I can confirm that some
people are pretty easy to scare (I made something wrong!),
to confuse (I don't get it, where do I have to click?)
and to push into actions, they normally would not do
(Call here for the confirmation of your action!).

So email pranks will work also in future, they will be
just a bit more intelligent.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com