(keitai-l) Re: 13 million+ i-mode handsets vulnerable to malicious e-mail

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 06/14/01
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>Hi all, found more details about the "malicious" email reports from the
>Japanese press if anybody is interested - at
>
>http://discuss.mobilemediajapan.com/stories/storyReader$3021
>
>Giles

my my....

<rhetorical>anyone know what this line of code is?</rhetorical>

(I am planning a bank robbery and DOSing the entire country's emergency
service numbers from multiple yahoo accounts as we hit the alarms is
clearly the way to go.)

is this JUST the number 110 that is affected?

(If not, what is to stop someone sending mail during the night that calls,
for example, Saucy Sandra's Storyline and runs up a large bill....(not
sure if one can call such lines from keitai though....))

Would one have grounds to sue the handset manufacturer if one was charged
for a call that one did not initiate?

I can see why they don't want to pull in every phone, but an inventively
naughty boy who knew the code could cause enough mischief for long enough
to create a crisis large enough to hit their shares....

Nick