(keitai-l) Re: compatibility ideograph [i-mode font]

From: Chris Lowery <chris_at_onegoodwindow.com>
Date: 06/18/01
hi Nik, a couple questions and a thought.

What font editor are you using? What OS, and is it localized?
And have you tried opening/saving a working font through your
font editor?

Here's a great unicode resource:
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/
and don't miss the heart of the matter:
http://www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/cjk_compatibility_ideographs.html

I hope this helps, cause I can't wait to get a slice of that
emoji-no mochi. :?

-chris

Nik Frengle wrote:

> Hello all.
> I have a problem--I have developed a font to emulate i-mode on, and assigned the correct character mapping numbers to the emoji characters (63647-63919), but characters after 63740 the characters do not display correctly.  All of the ones up until that one show up fine.  These later characters, in my font development program, display a "CJK compatibility ideogragh" label.  Any font geniuses that can tell me why CJK (Chinese Japanese Korean) compatibility ideographs don't display properly?
> I look forward to any help in this regard, and when I finish it, I will make it available to one an all.
> -Nik Frengle

Chris Lowery - Emergency Interface Technician - www.onegoodwindow.com
"doctor, heal thyself."