(keitai-l) Re: Changing Phone's E-mail From Address to Another Domain

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 06/26/01
Hi Curt,

Tuesday, June 26, 2001, you wrote:
> Is it possible to convince my i-mode phone to put something other than my
> "@docomo.ne.jp" address in the From: line of the e-mail?
not that I know of and not that DoCoMo had any interest in
this.

> Now that I'm up to five or six spam messages per day on my docomo phone,
> I'd like to do something about it. I run my own mail server, so I can
> just set up keitai@cynic.net or whatever as my address, and then do
> appropriate filtering. (Probably block or /dev/null really obvious spam,
> send dubious ones to my regular mailbox, and forward the obviously good
> stuff to my phone.)
You need a very good configuration for this kind of stuff.
If you forward messages to your mobile phone and it is too
big, it will be rejected by DoCoMo's mailserver. Depending
on your configuration it will be send back to YOUR
mailserver or to the original sender who possible gets
confused that you are not reachable anymore => bad user
experience.

> [...]
> Any thoughts?
Basically you should use just Remote Mail for 200Yen (?) a
month. This works pretty well and has a nice interface and
is much easier to setup :)

> (Agh! I just received two copies of a spam! That brings me up to seven
> today....)
Every spam is also information! Especially if you write spam
filters for this. You should not complain, you should
collect and study it! ;)

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht  [ Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc. ]  http://nooper.com