(keitai-l) Re: Multiple Java Comparisons and Qualcomm's BREW

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 06/26/01
This article was really informative.   I am a Brew
developer and I also am a Java Developer.  You however
can develop Java applications that also work on the
BREW Platform.   So I can develop my applications in
Java and also port them to the Java devices and the
BREW enabled devices also.

What I dont like about the Japanese companies (telcos,
and handset makers) is that they cannot conform to
both the CLDC and the MIDP standard.  Everyone wants
to put their special stuff which is killing Java.
Basically JAVA is not WRITE once and run everywhere
but it is

WRITE ONCE AND DEBUG EVERYWHERE

This defeats the purpose of Java.   cant they
companies conform to one standard ?????

---Jay

    A concerned Java and Brew developer

http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/fw/133672