(keitai-l) Re: (keitai-l)

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 07/02/01
I can do it with
a few commands much better
, but here is a link that will do it cheaper and faster:
(but maybe not quite as well)
Its an executable you need to download and install:

http://tech.millto.net/~pngnews/kndh/Page/smded.html

(Load in a midifile and try saving it as MFi,
it doesn't work for me if its more than 4 voices)

If that doesn't work you can try our free applet tool we maintain
at:
http://myc.thetamusic.com/framesets/myc.html
(works with 16 or more voices, but I haven't written a GUI
that allows users to upload and change midi to MFi for certain
reasons)
Its made to teach music and make songs easy not to make
perfect songs.  That how we fit it in into an applet.  And thats why
it too is "free."

There are others.  They are usually programs that convert
from MIDI->,,,->MFi or whatever.  But you need a type 0
MIDI file for most of those.  I don't have those links on hand.
The above two links allow "any MIDI file".  Look in a Yamaha
magazine it should be listed there along with their SMAF stuff.
They give all the details.

There are not many links on the details.  But if you do a google
search right and can read Japanese, they do exist, but they aren't
supposed to exist....  I didn't put them there.

MFi is supposed to be a proprietary format.

Manik Jandial wrote:

> Hi All,
> Could any one tell me which tools are available to convert midi to mfi ,
> and the related links.
> Thanks in advance ,
> Manik

-Paul Lester
pbl1@cornell.edu
http://members.tripod.com/~pbl1/

"Don't Forget to Try in Mind"
      "May the Force be with you"
              "Ketchup is Good"
-"Ketchup, natto and kimchee, that`s what Wogis are made of"