(keitai-l) Re: The x-sjis conspiracy...

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_morganstanley.com>
Date: 07/17/01
Juergen Specht wrote:

> But I was curious about the origin of this meta-tag and
> found out that this is used by default with Adobe GoLive:
> http://www.adobe.com/products/golive/

I brought this up with Adobe already. I hate Shift-JIS as an encoding, too, but
the truth is it's the most popular Japanese encoding, regardless of whether it's
the "correct" one or not.

> (A sidenote: Adobe makes great products, but this site does not
> even work with Mozilla/Netscape6.1...so much for their knowledge
> about HTML.)
>
> Mhm, GoLive reminded me about something...and thanks to the
> archives of this list, I found this:
> http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/archives/2000-12/0238.html
>
> Seems that somebody will pour a beer over my head the next
> time he sees me :)

I always appreciate free press (but I still use Dreamweaver and emacs for html!)

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

"Connecting people, ideas and capital,
we will be the world's first choice
for achieving financial aspirations"