(keitai-l) Re: Siemens to market VoIP via WLAN for use with PDAs

From: Michael Turner <leap_at_gol.com>
Date: 08/14/01
"...*corporate* LANs..." [emph. added]

Now this one makes sense to me: a private
domain (the corporation) providing roaming
(both inter- and intra-campus, though not
much further afield) leveraging technology
they will likely to install anyway, carrying
(mostly) intracorporate voice traffic, but
possibly including vendors and customers,
depending on the nature of the business.

I can think, off the bat, of half a dozen
different ways that this approach improves
on the approach of starting with *public*
access VoIP as the early-adopter frontier.

-michael turner
leap@gol.com