(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo and email

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 09/07/01
On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, plunkett, sinead wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what protocol DoCoMo uses to relay it's email on iMode.

Well, to start with, relay e-mail where? If it's crossing the Internet,
they use SMTP (like everyone else).

Internally, on their private network, I can't tell you what it is. But
for almost all real-world purposes, it doesn't matter; they could change
it every day. (One area where it does matter is if you're trying to hack
their systems somehow.)

If your question is related to their internal networks and is just idle
curiousity, sorry I can't help you. If you have a reason for asking,
giving that reason might let us help you solve whatever problem it is
you're really trying to solve (unless it's hacking Docomo's internal
network :-)).

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs_at_cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org