(keitai-l) Re: "Aristotelian Logic"?! (Re: Re: From Japan.Inc: The Dirty Little Secret of i-Mode)

From: Paul Bryan Lester <pbl1_at_livedoor.com>
Date: 09/08/01
    Hmmm, let me clarify what I can about my group theta
in Layer-8 and Lincmedia. So far nothing said has been completely
wrong but it has been a bit misleading.

    Nik quoted our earnings for last month which is strange.  Because
as the theta group we generally think in terms of quarters (Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4).
And last month I think is in the middle of a quarter.  Maybe he got his figures
from NEC???

    But yes, as a group, "theta" did not do great recently and the reason is
related to problems with the official i-mode menu.  But we are undaunted and now
doing fine fiscally (thanks to Super-Steve).

    We felt daunted by the process of getting into the DoCoMo menu,
but we may or may not be already almost on it (I will not comment further so as
not to leak anything cool)...

    We work in both the mobile and non-mobile markets.  So we
are not confined to the "i-mode" problems if there are any.

     Our (really Steve's) composer is alive and kicking and our
dream and often breadwinner for us.  It has gone through many
changes and revisions.

    As the Theta Team in Layer-8/Linc MEDIA we are optimistic
that we will do well, as we believe we have been doing better (fiscally)
than many if not all of the other groups in Linc MEDIA and are
not daunted by the economy because of this.

    (theta) is not a "group" that is floundering in the market right
now.

     But there may be other people who are not doing as well
as us in the market.

    Finally Theta is part of Layer-8.  Layer-8 is sort of part of Linc MEDIA.
That's how it should look for now.  These things do change, because we move with
the times as much as we can.

    As a side note:  Japan Inc and Lincmedia are not doing nearly as
badly as word has been traveling.  There's some really bad rumors
going around which are based on half-true/half-false facts.  I thought
it wouldn't matter but as any reading can see its even invaded keitai-L.

    More than the economy this half-true/half-false rumors is a bigger
danger for us.  That's why I am writing this to use what I can say to try
to squanch the half-this half-that stuff.

--
-Paul Lester
Software Developer