(keitai-l) Re: The Big Picture

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/09/01
Victor Pikula wrote:

> The Big Picture is that the mobile internet is the first area in which Japan
> leads the world in creating, producing and marketing a unique product.

I agree with much, but not with all Victor wrote.
During my 17 years involvement in Japan's high-tech world I have seen
several such creations - imode is not the first during my time in Japan.
Another example are blue LEDs and lasers - see:
http://www.eurotechnology.com/bluelaser/ and

The blue LED and laser story has taken a very interesting twist recently,
because the key researcher Shuji Nakamura has recently sued his former
employers Nichia Chemical Industries for higher compensation in the
Tokyo District Court. If we wins, that will have major repercussions
on Japan's creativity.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/