(keitai-l) Launching a high profile i-mode sports site ...

From: Justin Jameson <justin.jameson_at_spectrumstrategy.com>
Date: 09/12/01
A request for info.

My firm is working with a big non-Japanese sports organisation which is in
the process of developing a commercial i-mode site.

We need to know:
- how advanced (in terms of design) does the site have to be before we can
apply to the official menu? (this is unclear from the application form)
- how long will it take for i-mode to process the application for a 'big'
player?
- are they guaranteed to get on the menu?
- what 'order of' returns can they expect (and I know this is just a repeat
of the 'dirty little secret' thread, but ...) if they develop a compelling
service?

Basically, they do not want to invest significant time / resource if they
are not going to be able to build a high profile site and / or if there is
little chance of earning a return on their investment.

Obviously, if any list members are interested in getting involved on a
commercial basis, you should reply to me off-list with your credentials and
I can give you some more info about Spectrum and what we are looking for.
 Basically we will need to put in place a team capable of developing the
i-mode product - and managing / maintaining it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Justin

Justin Jameson