(keitai-l) Re: OT - want to buy a phone

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/17/01
> One more question....
> Can the phone (through IR or a cable connection) give me PDA or laptop
> internet access?  This would be very handy.

Yes it can - you can chose products & services from  several
different companies, including DoCoMo, AU etc.
You may like to think about PHS access which has much higher data
rates but smaller geographic reach, so it depends where you are.

As far as I know only the Nokia imode phone has IR connection,
but that phone is not available any longer, although some people
still use it, and some hotels still rent it out for foreigners.

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/