(keitai-l) Re: Additional Japan.Inc Thoughts: The Dirty Little Se cret of i-Mode

From: <drew.freyman_at_nokia.com>
Date: 09/18/01
Japanese industry/players in the carrier's food  chain seem to concur that
the current model is difficult to sustain. The Ministry of General Affairs
put out a report on 6.26 on the significant business issues confronting us
on our way to 3G.  Most of the discussion focused on 2G problems--closed
model and proprietary specifications leading to limited business
opportunities for non-carrier participants.  The Mobile Contents Forum will
publish an English translation of the report shortly.