(keitai-l) Re: official

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 09/20/01
Kim Binsted wrote:
> Does DoCoMo share users' phone emails with official sites? That is, if I
> subscribe to an official site, does that service automatically know my
> email? If I change my phone email, are they told? If so, how (Do they query
> the server? Get daily updates?)?

Kim,

It's great to hear from you indirectly via the ketai-list.
Maybe you remember meeing at one of these "pitching" parties
a the Q-Front building in Shibuya some time ago.

As far as I know DoCoMo only shares a unique user identifier with official
sites, and nothing else. The conditions of subscription of
official sites for users also include a clause that DoCoMo can forward user's
name, address and other details if a user does not pay the mobile phone bill
including an official site subscription (this limits DoCoMo's credit risk).

So it's up to the official site to collect user data. You will find that
many do. You can find a lot more details about imode in our imode faq.
http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq.html

Gerhard Fasol
http://www.eurotechnology.com/