(keitai-l) GPS Applications from J-Navi, Naviewen, Locatio

From: Jay <wirelessjava_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 09/22/01
This thread I wanted to discuss the success or failures of these GPS technologies in Japan

Below are some of the techonologies and companies in Japan that are doing GPS with the wireless devices.

J-Navi from  J-Phone/J-Sky/Vodaphone/Japan Telecom software from US maker  Formida in Silicon Valley

Seiko Epson's  Locatio ... I do not know who they are allied with ?

DoCo-Navi or Naviewn from NTT DoCoMo : DoCo-Navi was launched January 14th, 2000

DDI Pocket Group launched a location Navigation service for their PHS sytems also

KDDI and NTT DoCoMo have supported Assisted GPS from Qualcomm's Snaptrackor better called GPSone

Does anyone know the success and failures of these technologies.  Hard figures would be nice.   Does anyone have real good information about these companies would be helpful to everyone.   In my next thread will be discussing the actually GPS technologies.

---Jay

 Java Architect,  BREW Developer,  Wireless Developer/Consulatant in the the Silicon Valley