(keitai-l) Re: looking at Chinese SMS game in the US

From: John Floss <john_floss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10/07/01
Hello all, I did ask the developer of the game in
China if it was possible to view it in the US and he
responded with the following remarks. Does this seem
to be possible and does it seem like the best
solution? If so it seems very simple to just use my
browser to preview the game.

Thank you,
JF

THE RESPONSE:

No, unfortunately you can not play Sheiya via mtnsms
and you
can not play it in the States, Europe, Africa, Asia,
or anywhere
that is not on a China Mobile link (China Mobile is
the largest
mobile provider in China). The premium service number
9500 is only
for use here and if you use it elsewhere there is no
way we can
bill you :>. For our own testing purposes and for our
partners in
Europe, we have made the database accessible via http
and
browsers. You can then play the game via a browser. If
you want
this made available, we'll need to sign you up as a
beta tester
and run you through some legal paperwork. Please let
me know if
you would like this and I'll have these things made
available. By
making it playable via browser though, please be aware
that it is
only emulating what you might see on your cell phone
and should
not be misinterpreted to be what and how the data will
appear on a
phone screen.