(keitai-l) Re: Onboard memory question

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 10/09/01
Zev Blut wrote:

> First of all welcome to the list.

Thanks Zev

> When you say applet are you talking about applications for mobile phones?

I am

> Such as NTT DoCoMo's i-applis or the Midlets in J-Phone and KDDI?

That's correct.

> In the case i-applis, DoCoMo lets you save up to 10kb of permanent data
> per application.

Isn't that just the 10Kb of actual applet?  What about as the applet gets used
by the user, and data is created.  Say someone is playing my tetris applet and
they get a new high score.  I (as the author of the applet) want the user to be
able shutdown the applet, but then still have the high score available when they
restart the applet.

I want to know if the applet itself can write to the phone memory, and if it can
rely on the things it writes to memory being available in the future.

I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself clearly, but hey ...

CHEERS> SAM