(keitai-l) call for numbers

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 10/19/01
Hi keitai-lers,

are there any statistics out there that give an indication of the usage
patterns of "gateways" (i-mode/EZ-Web/J-Sky;or Europe/US) or content
provider "services"? I know this is sometimes regarded as confidential info
but let's try anyways (and again, as it must have come up on the list
before); I guess not all numbers are so secret, particularly when sanitized:

For gateways or specific services:
o  totalSubscriberNumber / totalHitsPerDay
o  relative distribtion of hits over course of 24 hours
   (for ideally even different pattnerns of days:
    sunday, weekday, newyear, badnewsday.
    I know that's asking tooo much :-)
o  worstOrBestEverSurprisePeakHitsPerSec / expectedPeakHitsPerSec
   (reasons known?)

For specific services that have a user-session concept (GSM-WAP-Dialup,
Login/logout, ...):
o  totalSubscriberNumber / MaxNumberOfConcurrentSessions
o  averageDurationOfSessions
o  averageUserThinkTime  (time between requests)

Such numbers for the e-mail services and SMS (where applicable would also be
interesting) are of course also of interest.

This all serves the purpose of being able to better size future systems and
might be of more general interest to keitai-lers.

Best regards & thanks
marc