(keitai-l) Re: How to send sms messages from imode phone

From: Benjamin Kowarsch <benjk_at_mac.com>
Date: 10/21/01
On Sunday, October 21, 2001, at 06:35 , Hans de Graaff wrote:

> One problem with this approach

[using MTN's web site to send SMS via the web]

>  is that European operators are
> starting to block SMS messages coming from MTN. This ties in
> to the difficulty of finding a good business model for this
> as mentioned by Gustaf.

Many business people use the MTN site to stay in contact when they are
abroad and in many companies secretaries are using MTN to relay messages
they take over the phone to their co-workers/managers. Consumers use it
to stay in touch when they are away. There is a strong demand for such a
facility.

Blocking MTN has therefore caused many operators facing uprise amongst
their own users and they had to open it again. And there have been a
number of networks who actively sought to cooperate with MTN. The
majority of networks are available and I would be surprised if that was
to change.

rgds
BK