(keitai-l) terms and conditions to send an email to a J-Phone handset

From: Reto Grob <rgrob_at_acm.org>
Date: 10/31/01
Folks,

I got an odd experience sending emails to a J-Phone handset.  The emails
only arrive at the handset within seconds after sending, if the email
fulfills certain conditions:

a. I send an email through my Japanese ISP's SMTP, the email does arrive
after about half a day or never ever.

b. I send the same email through the same Japanese ISP's SMTP a few seconds
later, but set the header "Sender: <email@myISP>" and the email arrives
within 1-2 seconds. (the header "Sender:" is not set per default, just the
"From:" which usually has an identical value).

c. It is reproducable.

Anyone knows more about it?

It looks like there is some misconfiguration at J-Phone like a too strong
spam filter...

Reto