(keitai-l) Re: jphone applet specs

From: Gary James <gary.james_at_lincmedia.co.jp>
Date: 11/05/01
> Does anybody know if or when the jphone applet (or midlet or whatever) spec
> and/or code libraries are going to be released. Like, I can create my own
> applets for Docomo phones.  When will I be able to create them for JPhone
> handsets?  Can I do it already?

J-Phone Java appli are based on the MID Profile.  You can download the
API for that somewhere on http://java.sun.com/ (it's hard to find).
J-Phone's extension API (in English) is here:

http://www.jblend.com/ext/JSCL/en/

Right now only applications from official providers can be downloaded
into the handsets.  There has been talk of J-Phone opening this up but I
have no information as to when this might happen.

--
Gary James
Project Leader (Theta Team)