(keitai-l) Re: The truth about mobile data

From: <timecop_at_japan.co.jp>
Date: 11/20/01
actually, "mobile data" in japan was dead before it even appeared. I've
basically watched / followed their "i-mode revolution" and let me tell
you, if docomo doesn't start selling some normal phones sometime soon,
they are going to be hurting real bad... but then again, none of the
phones are actually "sold" for need, they are "pushed" on to customers
with extra options whether they need it or not. (this coming from a person
who actually works fairly close with a docomo sales shop)

Can you guess I don't own a docomo phone? Not to mention the price,
service, and usability (for TALKING, nothing else), offered by other
carriers much exceeds DoCoMo "service".

What's the big deal about looking at a web page on a 160x160 screen?

tim

--
     timecop at japan.co.jp | OA通信サービス株式会社 | NTT DoCoMo