(keitai-l) Re: ERP on i-mode phones?

From: Shashank Tripathi <shanx_at_shanx.com>
Date: 11/26/01
Interesting message, Victor. But I will take up one point that you seem to
be assuming:

    > But seriously: client-side intelligence is a necessity,
    > and plain web-pages offer no terminal-based
    > functionality. Java or similar is the way to go IMHO.

It'd be interesting to hear your viewpoints regarding this...why do you feel
client side intelligence is a necessity? You still seem to be thinking in
client-server mentality. I cannot think of any example of an application
that cannot be very successfully implemented over secure HTTP, and the
management of business logic happens only at one centralized server-side
location (rather than releasing the usual slew of inevitable patches and
upgrades, a necessary evil with client server architecture).

In fact, with web-services and all that jazz round the corner, I would think
that the need for having bulky application logic at client side is getting
even less fashionable?

<Shanx/>