(keitai-l) Re: user agents for KDDI phones

From: Ben Hutchings <ben.hutchings_at_roundpoint.com>
Date: 11/29/01
On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 02:32:00PM +0900, Christian Molstrom wrote:
> Which top?  The top of that page only has an example for the au C201H.

In which the various parts of the string are marked out.

> I am interested in the part before the device-ID.  KDDI has used a
> couple different UP browser versions.

There's a list of handsets and browser versions on the Openwave site,
though I've heard that it may not be entirely correct:
<http://upmkt.openwave.com/dev_phones/phones.cfm>.  Also, it doesn't
include the third part of the version number.

For robustness I would check the version and the device ID separately
rather than assuming that each device uses only one version.

--
I do not speak for Roundpoint; any opinions I express are my own.