(keitai-l) Re: lust

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 03/14/02
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Mike Derouin wrote:

> Of course, Curt, if you find Pocket PC to be as slow as you seem to
> then this modest speed boost won't change your mind.

It's not actually CPU speed that's the difficulty; it's more the way
that the software is written.

Palm is designed to be "instant-on"; you turn it on and you're where
you were before, and you can just push a button and, bingo! you're in
another app. In a laughable attempt to make this message appear as if
it's on-topic for the keitai list, I'm going to point out that keitai
are designed the same way. (Nobody's going to put up with a phone they
have to (knowingly) reboot.)

The problem I have with PocketPC is the "PC" bit. The whole point of a
keitai-anything is that it's not a PC.

Oh, and also the weight, of course. Pocket PCs weigh a ton. (Anything
above 100 g is annoying, anything above 200 g is unacceptable.) Have I
mentioned before that I hate heavy things? :-)

cjs