(keitai-l) Re: korean handset subsidies

From: Marc Printz <Marc.Printz_at_724.com>
Date: 04/04/02
I heard the human eye can in fact distinguish something like two million
colors. Whether this is necessary is another question.

What's not in question is that 262,144 colors need 2 bits more per pixel
than 65536 colors and that's a potential 12.5% price increase for the same
size of a picture in packet fees (not counting compression here, for jpeg's
it wouln't make a difference at all afaik). Subtle opportunity to increase
prices (more difficult with products like milk and butter where at least in
Germany there's a law on how much empty space you may package)! Same is true
for an increase of screen format - if widely adopted.

Regards
marc