(keitai-l) German i-mode development

From: Christian Vollmann <vollmann_at_whu.edu>
Date: 04/12/02
Hi all!

Does anyone have an idea how E-Plus is doing with i-mode in Germany so far?
Any user numbers available?

I just read that E-Plus reduced the price for the NEC n21i handset to
replacement buyers who have an E-Plus contract running for at least 13
month. This price used to be 249 EUR, now it is 149 EUR.

The link unfortunately is in German:

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/mgo-12.04.02-000/

I guess they realized that the price was too high? Or is it a sign that
nobody is buying the phone and subscribing to i-mode? In my opinion, they
have to further reduce the prices for the handsets if they want to
jump-start the positive feedback loop between users, content, phones and
services!

Greetings,

Christian