(keitai-l) Re: Subscription sites on Euro-i-mode

From: Axel Dreyfus <axel_at_haiku-corp.com>
Date: 05/11/02
Hi Ben

This feature only is available throught the provisionning process which
is shared between an operator and a agregator, and, in other few cases,
between an operator and a content provider.

The information is not only embedded in the URL but is as well passed
throught thanks to a proprietary protocol. The UTN isn't directly sent
(MSIDSN+SIM) in most cases, the operator generates a unique user_id
which allows the operator to subscribe/unsubscribe a user to a specific
official site.

Provisionning is also related to billing (how obvious !) but also
contributes to personalization and geolocalisation as well.

This information is given by the operator only regards to official
sites. When unofficial sites are involved, cookies wheen supported, or
long URL after authentification are usually ways of user identification.

As far as I am concerned, there isn't any public technical documentation
on this topic, the only available documentation is confidential, for
many understandable reason.

This mostly is the case in Japan, and first indication in Europe let us
think that such process will be identical.

Hope this helps

Axel Dreyfus
Haiku