(keitai-l) Re: Opinions on newer J-Phones

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 05/14/02
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Paul Lester wrote:

>     But the 504s should be coming out soon.  I really don't know anything
> about them, but hopefully they will have cameras... like some of the FOMAs.
> So you might be able to stick with DoCoMo is you want to.

No, no cameras on the 504s from what I understand. Docomo's
camera-enabled phones are supposed to come out around the end of
the year, I think.

Quite frankly, I'm starting to get really tempted by the KDDI
phones. Much better data speed, more memory for Java, cameras and
GPSs, decent voice quality...it's no wonder that the take-up of
their CDMA 2000 service is many times the rate of FOMA takeup. I'll
be replacing my phone around the end of this year, most likely,
and unless Docomo has some pretty drastically improved phones by
then, I may well switch to KDDI.

I'd love a chance to see some of the new KDDI phones, if anybody
cares to bring one down to Robot DJ night at the Pink Cow tonight.

cjs