(keitai-l) Re: Opinions on newer J-Phones

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 05/15/02
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:

>I would get the KDDI Casio phone - the 3G camera one.  I have it and its
>amazing.  Seriously.

What non-G3 AU phone would people go for? (Sorry - I have been shifting my
servers across networks and my DNS has been screwed up for a while so I
have not followed the whole thread.)

It is astounding that Docomo should have shot themselves in the foot so
completely as regards the class of user who requires decent quality voice
and national coverage - all at a reasonable price. Little that docomo
offers is currently compelling to this class of user.

My current phone has gone titsup.com (as TheReg so elegantly puts it) so I
have to make a buying decision pronto.  The kidiwink voice quality of
standard Docomatose is an abomination with whihc I will no longer put....

So - what to buy - that is here NOW - has decent coverage, decent screen,
not too heavy and CDMA voice quality.

Nick