(keitai-l) Re: 504 + camera?

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 05/30/02
//    I believe that the J-Phone system is not MMS based, but
//    is it a standard =
//    SMTP implementation?  I had heard that J-Phone deployed a
//    Logica based =
//    messaging solution.  I thought that Logica had modified
//    its SMS platform =
//    to provide a SMTP-like service, but that the base
//    technology was SMS.  =
//    Anybody else heard this story?

I heard similar, such that the message was delivered using control channel
of the PDC network in a very similar fashion to GSM + SMS. Hence the mail is
'pushed' as opposed to you having to check like with a POP client. However
for heavier email (like shamail) you have to 'pull' the rest of the msg.

/dc

//