(keitai-l) Re: emoji

From: Sam Joseph <gaijin_at_yha.att.ne.jp>
Date: 07/03/02
Timothy J Mckinnon wrote:

>So the emoji was rendered by inline  &#xxxx. after the headers were
>sequenced to work????

well actually I wasn't using &#xxxx; I was using the IME pad to enter
the appropriate unicode character

? - this is the sun character in my email client

If you click on the pen icon on the system tray of a Japanese windows
system, one of the options is IME Pad, and that allows you to enter
unicode characters. The program found by David (
http://www.0563.net/top/imoji.htm ) allows you to see the emojis
themselves in the IME pad, but I don't think that is essential to get
the system to work. Anyway the sun character above is 0x363e in Unicode
and 0xf89f in ShiftJIS so you could just find that in the IME pad and
enter it without the correct symbol being displayed.

[I just checked and no combination of &#xxxx; (i.e. hex code, decimal)
works on my phone - only the symbols entered using the IME pad]

But the answer to your question is basically yes - it seems to be the
headers which make the difference

>Smells like the JAM file issue for iAppli, and that is, if you dont get it
>exactly right, the whole process fails and there is no cute documentation to
>give you an insight into the quirky tricks you need to perform to get stuff
>working...

Yes it does smell exactly the same

CHEERS> SAM