(keitai-l) Re: emoji

From: Tracey Northcott <tracey_at_enfour.co.jp>
Date: 07/03/02
To add my two cents worth re emoji and emails...

There is a guy at:

<http://www.31rsm.ne.jp/~jyujyu/Hobby/Study/503i.htm>

That claims you can send HTML-like emails to i-mode phones using the
XPLAINTEXT tag.
-with variations between series.

503/210
<X</XPLAINTEXT><MARQUEE>text</MARQUEE>

503is/211i
http://"></><!--.gif -->

502/209
</XPLAINTEXT><MARQUEE>text</MARQUEE>

This might get emoji through in decimal form.

But this mustn't work with every model, because it doesn't work with our
NM502 or P503.

It apparantly only works with F,D,N & SO for 503 and N & D for 210.

I don't have time to play with this - so if anyone else has success - let
us all know.

>But the answer to your question is basically yes - it seems to be the
>headers which make the difference

Story of my life!!!???!!!!

hey Juergen..  I wanna see those emails too..  you have my keitai address
- yes?

Thanks,
Tracey
Enfour
Tokyo

p.s.  to the guy that wanted free fonts....  do you know how much work
goes into making a font????   Feel free to make yourself to see how you
fare then get back to me.....  or else you can buy a fully tested
commercial package with proxy for not alot of money...... *grin*
Otherwise you can get from the DoCoMo site but it is just the end bits...
 sorry can't be more specific...