(keitai-l) UFDM vs CDMA?

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/15/02
greetings everyone,

following a "strange" report, I spent some time on the WLAN
while comparing it with GSM, UMTS, and cdma technologies.
I'm not a radio expert so that I'd like to put what I got here
and listen what you're going to say.

- WLAN technology is in a position to compete with 3G mobile
- standardization and some technical difficulties are issues
- OFDM can fit into 1.25 MHz spectrum in cellular or PCS band
  (Nextel is running trial OFDM over the iDEN/GSM network)

there're pieces of info that you can find by searching
  "WLAN 802.11a OFDM Wi-LAN Flarion"

some background/references can be found by adding some of
  "MCM DMT ADSL VDSL 802.16 BFWA DAB HiperLAN/2"

OFDM Web sites
  http://www.ofdm-forum.com/
  http://www.ert.rwth-aachen.de/Projekte/Theo/OFDM/www_ofdm.html
  http://www.sss-mag.com/ofdm.html
  http://www.wave-report.com/tutorials/OFDM.htm

cheers, Ken

ps. to the "Jedi/moderators", would you please give me a reason
when deleting my messages.  thanks.