(keitai-l) Re: Does Qualcomm's BREW Business Model work????

From: Alexandr Koloskov <alexk_at_reaxion.com>
Date: 07/16/02
Hi, Sam.

	Well, I agree that companies you've mentioned has a good
business model comparable with Qualcomm's. But this affects only
Japanese market. In fact, there aren't any similar precedents in Europe
or in US. That's why Java has some advance in Japan, but stagnates in
all other countries.
	And, of course, dealing with Qualcomm isn't easy process. It's
not fast and it's expensive. So, if you're small company or individual
you'll see a lot of problems. But, anyway, this is defined process with
well-known inputs and well-known steps. You should write good app, which
will stand against tests, and carrier should agree to put your app to
their mobile shop. But this is predictable process, so you can create
your business using this predictions.

--
Alexandr Koloskov
Director of Development, Reaxion Corp.