(keitai-l) Re: iAppli as Screensaver?

From: Ken Chang <kench_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 07/19/02
hi guys,

I don't know the 504 C-HTML v4 or Java enhancements but shall
we widen the topic a little bit ... not only a screen-saver but
also kind of DOS TSR or Unix daemon?  (then we may split it
again later).

J-Phone "shichoritsu" (standard Java app first avail two years
ago with J-SH07) is a good example that it counts your phone
usage at background, and it takes over the screen after a short
idle time, displaying a 3D dancing girl, who dances differently
depending on the battery and signal strength.

you can get into the app's manu to check the statistics, or
you can pause it by using standard phone features.

think a stock chart/alert fits well into the category, cannot
be done by a GIF, and will be of great value if the chart of
your shares be updated constantly on the screen.

we may need many "screen-savers", a scheduler is a must, and
share/coordinate the screen among them, is it possible?

"shichoritsu" and scheduler are integrated as standard tools
in some phones.  but with Java, or Brew, you can have better
functions and you can change/upgrade them at will.

maybe you can even downloaded 2 Brew JVMs , then run screen-
savers for DoCoMo and J-Phone on your au/KDDI mobile, slowly.

cheers,

Ken