(keitai-l) Re: Camera phones Mitsubishi D251i

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 07/20/02
Gerhard,

<offtopic>
not that I am picky, but:
> http://www.eurotechnology.com/imode/faq-handsets.html

are you in the "iMode", "imode" or "i-mode" business?
I can find all 3 references at your web site.

DoCoMo rejected proposals for less reasons, but they
look out that you are at least able to write their
brand name right.

Here is a great resource for the "correct and official"
way to write i-mode:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/index.shtml
</offtopic>

To come back to the topic of this thread, here are
2 pictures of the D251i:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=29&p=3&l=en
http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=29&p=21&l=en

And I better run away before I ever touch a Mitsubishi
phone again. Catastrophic!

Their last FOMA phone is only useful as a door stopper:

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=26&p=12&l=en

It has an awful interface, is big, the battery lasts 2-4 hours
and the mechanical construction (the 'slider' to change the
camera's) is such a weak construction, that it was scratching
off the color inside the camera case in just one day of use.

Now they introduced also a new J-Phone Keitai with the slogan
"New European Straight":

http://nooper.co.jp/showcase/gallery.php?s=27&p=4&l=en

I had a little chat with the campaign girl in the picture
and ask her if she liked the phone. She turned around,
looked out for her boss and said something like "not really".
She liked the camera and the design, but not the small
(very small) keypad. I showed her my huge European fingers
and asked her if she believes that the phone really
follows European design. She was just laughing.

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/