(keitai-l) Re: Camera phones - USB & WPAN

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/28/02
On Sat, 27 Jul 2002, Benjamin wrote:

> > - security
>
> Something like OpenSSH will do just fine, no issue at all

Sure, if you completely ignore key management. In fact, many current
Internet and other security problems go away completely if you just
ignore key management. The only downside is that your encryption doesn't
actually authenticate or protect anything.

> Use SSH and register your peripherals once with your "hub" (notebook,
> desktop etc) before using them. No SSH key registration, no access.

And just how do you intend to do this registration? And how do you make
sure that someone else doesn't "re-register" the camera you left on your
desk when you went for lunch?

cjs