(keitai-l) Re: Camera phones - USB & WPAN

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 07/29/02
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Benjamin wrote:

> Therefore, if anybody argues that a combination phone/camera is natural
> while at the same time they also claim that there is no need to
> integrate the very basic telephony function into one device is guilty of
> hypocrisy and I add they have got their priorities wrong.

And who was claiming that? I certainly wasn't.

Personally, I'd love to have my phone be a universal remote, especially
if it could work at any distance from my house. Nothing nicer these days
than being able to turn your aircon on twenty minutes before you get
home.

But then, I'm a geek, and my purchasing priorities are pretty different
from most people's. However, NTT is now selling just this sort of remote
control service along with their ADSL, so we'll see how it fares in the
general market.

cjs