(keitai-l) retrieving original ringtone file from SMS that arrives on my nok

From: Brendan Murphy <brendanm_at_cs.bu.edu>
Date: 07/29/02
hello list,

i am a developer in the states and am wondering if anyone knows of a
simple way to retrieve the original ringtone file(whatever type; RTTTL,
etc.) from the SMS that arrives on my phone. the goal i am after is being
able to order a ringtone from a website and decipher the string of notes
that compose the ringtone. ultimately i would like to then get that
information out of my phone and onto my pc. i have thought of some
potential ways to do this but think that between everyone here we must
be able to come up with an easier way.

the only way i had in mind would be to have the SMS containing the
ringtone sent either to an email address or to a server that was equipped
to recieve SMS. then break apart the packet and try to decode the
"payload" or bytes that composed the ringtone back into original
form(ascii characters describing the notes).

if anyone has an easier solution please let me know!!!

thanks,
brendan