(keitai-l) Re: Kinda entertaining article about camera's in phones

From: Ian Wallis <ian.wallis_at_openwave.com>
Date: 07/30/02
Are the Japanese carriers legally implicated in the content sent using their
Photo messaging infrastructure? Any possibility of content being filtered
via amount of flesh colour in a picture?

"As of the moment, we haven't heard of any arrests in cases of mobile phones
with built-in cameras being used to send indecent images or promote
prostitution," a spokesman for the National Police Agency tells Shukan Post.
"But if you look at how quickly use of the Internet and mobile phones has
spread, we can expect these products to be closely connected to a growing
number of crimes in the not-too-distant future. We want to start cracking
down on their misuse as soon as possible."

Regards,
Ian.