(keitai-l) Re: SMS/mobile Internet/TV

From: Mark Frieser <mark_at_consect.com>
Date: 09/27/02
Firstly, thank you everyone for the clarification of the exact fees that
DoCoMo splits with the content provider.

In Britain? I think that what you are referring to Paul is something called
the Vertical Blanking Interval, which is a small space in the transmission
of terrestrial broadcast where many companies have experimented with
delivery of text and interactive elements through the years.  I'm not
exactly sure (it's been a long time) how the uplinks work - perhaps via
modem or a transmitter - but there have been some forms of interactivity
using the VBI.

Either that, or you're referring to teletext, but that's not truly
interactive, just a calling up of pages... Perhaps it has some rudimentary
activity, but most of teletext is calling up pages...

And, in terms of SMS being used for personals/dating - there are many, many
services along the lines you've described.