(keitai-l) Re: 3d displays

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 11/20/02
Mark Frieser wrote:
> Gerhard,
> Anyway, to say that he is responsible for creating the mobile internet
> market single-handed, and not giving J-Phone and KDDI any credit for their
> innovations and successes is not really telling the whole story. Ez-Web and
> J-Sky certainly were launched after imode, but saying that DoCoMo created
> 100% of the mobile Internet is like saying J-Phone created 100% of the
> camera phone market or that KDDI created 100% of the GPS mobile services
> market.

Of course I agree that KDDI and J-Phone also have made important contributions,
however DoCoMo has really made the essential first move, if imode would not
have been created, I am not sure that EZweb and Jsky would have the shape and
the user numbers they have today - actually I would be not be surprised if
they would not exist at all.

May or may not be relevant: on page 84 of BusinessWeek of Nov 25, 2002 there
is ranking of the global top 100 IT companies according to 6 months financial
returns:

KDDI  is on place 13
Nokia is on place 18
Vodafone on place 25