(keitai-l) Re: Javascript Use etc...

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_nooper.com>
Date: 01/13/03
> hope this isn't too easy a Q..with I-Mode not supporting Javascript,
> correct, yes..? How do you instruct the client's browser to load the correct
> image, based upon the users provider..? In plain English, if user's phone is
> an i-mode, load this image, else, if user's phone is J-Phone load this one
> etc..

No, there is no Javascript available. But every phone provides a user
agent. In simplest case just check for it and serve the right content.

If you want to make it better, you can adapt Mika's class for
i-mode phones and serve even the right size to specific handsets:

http://www.appelsiini.net/keitai-l/code/iua/Imode_User_Agent.phps

In best case and if you have some money on hand, buy an image
transcoder (PictureIQ or Lightswitch, etc) and let them do the work.

Good luck,

Juergen
--
Juergen Specht, CTO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/