(keitai-l) Re: Docomo and Vodaphone?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 01/15/03
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Alistair Jeffs wrote:

> where's it leave hutchison? as do co mo already have an 'equity'
> relationship with them - an operator that's launching in a few european
> countries sometime - i wonder what that quote means...

Well, as it says elsewhere in the article, Docomo feels that there's
going to be a shakeout, leaving only four major wireless providers in
Europe. I guess they feel that Hutchison is probably not going to make
the cut, and they're busy writing off that investment.

And on the same date, Mark Frieser wrote:

> Yes, this will happen when pigs fly... Vodafone and DoCoMo?  More likely
> Orange and DoCoMo or....

From the article:

    On the possibility of partners, he is quoted as saying that "Orange
    is too weak...

cjs